Saturday, January 16, 2010

San Antonio

Yep, that's right...Jason got a job offer in San Antonio. We will be heading down to check out the city, look at houses, and for Jason to meet to talk about numbers, etc. It's not a definite move yet, but it is something that we as a family are considering. They are paying to fly us all down and will pay all of our expenses while we are down there. He is the only candidate right now for the job, 50% more pay, etc., etc.

Do I want to move?? Absolutely not. I have put my foot down on this for the last 2.5 months that he's talked about it. I haven't talked about it with him, I have ignored him when he's talked about it, I have basically been a complete "*itch" about it. I DON'T want to leave my Mom. I know...I'm 37 years old, it's time to grow up, blah, blah, blah. After everything that she's gone through and thinking last August when we found out that her cancer was back and that she might die...No WAY do I want to leave. She is my best friend (besides Jason), she is my rock, my hero, the person that I look up to the most in the world. I love her more than I can even say. When I told Becca about the possibility of moving, the first thing out of her mouth was: "Gee-ma will love living in Texas with us". How do I pull my kids away from their grandparents, their Aunts and Uncles, cousins, etc. How?? I don't know how to do it?

There is a possibility of Jason getting a tenure track position here at the U of I, but with all of the hiring freezes, budgets, etc....we won't know for a while. He has A LOT of people on his side here, and they are all trying their hardest to get him on here. The process here has started and 1 of his advisors is meeting with 1 of the Deans on tuesday...so that's good news. Best case scenerio is that he gets on here at the U of I...the whole situation would be a non-situation then.

I love my husband and I really want him to do what he wants for the rest of his life. If San Antonio can give him that...then I need to allow him to do it. We will have to make it work. Frequent flyer miles, lots of miles on the vehicles, Lots of long distance phone calls, LOTS of money, etc., etc. Pray for us and send us positive thoughts!! Whatever is meant to be will be!!!

No comments: