Monday, November 8, 2010

Moving to San Antonio

So, Jason and I came down to San Antonio to look for a house at the end of April. We found 1 that we really liked, 5 houses down from the short sale house that we put an offer in on, and we got it!! We signed all of the paperwork to get out of the short sale since we did not get any response from the bank about our offer. We were there for the inspection and everything, and everything seemed in GREAT condition. It is about 400 square feet smaller, but the layout is better for us...so we were really excited!!!

We sold our house in Champaign, and moved in with my Mom for about 2 weeks before we headed out for Texas. This had to have been the best thing for me and my family. We got to spend good quality time with my mom and I will forever be grateful for it!! The day we were to leave for Texas my Mom got admitted into the hospital because we found out that her cancer was back. OMG...how do I leave when she just got the WORST news possible. I talked with all of my family and with Mom and she said to go. So...we did!! Wow...was that the hardest decision ever. We packed up our van, and said our goodbyes to all of our family and friends at Mom's house. Jason's mom had come down on the train that day and she was going to drive down with us and then fly home after a week, to help us out. I will forever be grateful for that. My Uncle Rick drove us all over to the hospital to say our goodbyes to my Mom. The kids did great, I sat on the edge of her bed and just kept saying "Mom, I don't have to go...I can stay, and head down later". She rubbed my thigh and just kept saying "Go, I am OK, I will be fine...your family needs you and you have to go". I hugged her and held onto her for the longest time and kissed her goodbye.

We got back to the house, said goodbye to Belinda and headed out. OMG...it is the longest drive ever!!!! We stopped for gas, breakfast, lunch and got to the house around 4:30 in the afternoon. We didn't get all of our "stuff" till the next day...so we slept on the floor in our house the first night. Man it felt good to be here, but man I missed my Mom so much. Our trucks got here the next day and it took most of the day to unload.

We have moved to Texas...that is something that I NEVER thought I would write. I thought we would live in my Grandma's house forever!!! And I never thought I would leave my Mom. I had a few nights where I talked to her on the phone and I got myself into a panic attack, and couldn't breathe...it was so scary...and she sat on the other end and just said "it's not forever, and you will be back soon, it will be OK Honey... it will be OK. I love you!!" I will never forget those words.

We are now Texans!!! Unimaginable!!! :) I know this is a short and sweet account of our move...but I am so behind...this is the best I can do!!! If you have any questions...feel free to ask!! :)

No comments: