Saturday, October 18, 2008

New Dogs and such

OK...well we are going tomorrow to pick up a new dog from the humane society. I am SO excited. She is an Australian Shephard mix and absolutely cute!!! Quincy and her got along great...granted it was WWF in the run at the Humane Society...but they did get along. The kids don't know, it is going to be quite the surprise.

I went to Hardy's Reindeer Ranch today with work...it is such a neat place. I really want to take the kids up to see the reindeer. They are so cool and very gentle. If you do go, pay for the "reindeer tour". The owner lets you go in this little area where all of the reindeer come up because they know you are going to give them a treat. You can pet them, touch their antlers, feed them, etc. It was really cool and my participants really enjoyed this part of our day.

Jason's brother and his wife (Dave and Melissa), Sarah (sister) and parents came over today for dinner and to hang out for a little while. It was nice. We don't see them very often, so it was nice for the kids to spend some time talking with them and just seeing them. My ENTIRE family lived in Champaign when I was growing up, and we got together with all of my aunts/uncles/cousins every Sunday at my grandma's house (our house now) and had dinner together. We are/were a close family (not so much now that grandma is gone), it is just so weird/bothersome for me that my kids don't see the O'Connor side of the family more often. We pretty much see Jason's parents 6 or so times a year, for maybe 3-6 hours at a time. His brothers/sisters less often. I know everyone has a life and works, etc., but it is just really sad to me that my kids don't have more of a relationship with them. I'm very glad that my mom is here in town and she "spoils" my kids. She gets upset/sad when she doesn't see them every couple days or so. I always swore that I would do whatever I could so my kids would have a relationship with Jason's family, but it is harder and harder with kids to pack them up, put them in the car for 1 1/2 hours, unpack, etc, etc. And other things have happened in our families that have definitely put a strain on our relationships with everyone...I guess I just need to be happy about the relationships that we do have and cherish those.

OK...well I'll post pics of Molly as soon as I take some tomorrow...hopefully!! :)

No comments: