Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Birthdays are OVER and we made it through!!!

OK...who said having your kids birthdays a day apart was fun?? It definitely wasn't me. I didn't want them to share the same birthday though, so...I guess I don't have anyone to blame except Jason and I, huh?? :)

We had our last "birthday" party with family this past weekend. It was a lot of fun. Jason's mom/dad/sister/brother and sister-in-law came and my parents/sister and brother-in-law/Uncle and Aunt and cousins/Decka and Noah came. It was fun, hectic, and crowded. I thought the Illini game started at 3:00, so I thought we will have it at 2:00, everyone can get here, get some snacks, open presents, settle in to watch the game and then do cake around halftime. Game started at 2:00, and most all the adults (which was everyone except 4 kids) was busy watching the game. It all worked out OK...the Illini won...not a whole lot of yelling at the TV...it's all good!!!

A couple of funny things that happened during the party came out of Noah's mouth (Sorry Decka...I have to repeat them, they are really cute). Becca opened a bead kit from Grandma/Grandpa O'Connor and Noah said, "I didn't know white girls wore beads!" The room erupted with laughter and Decka's face got VERY red. Then I was trying to figure out one of James' toys and Noah said "Here's how you do it", I said "Don't break it", and then he said "A Man's got to do what a Man's got to do!". I busted up laughing at him!!! He's too cute...and not shy at all!!!

Not a whole lot more is going on...we are leading a VERY boring week, the last 2 were so busy...this is kind of nice!!! Hope everyone has a good week!!!!

No comments: