Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend update

So, another weekend is over and it had to have been one of the most relaxing, laid back weekends I can remember in a long time. Thursday I stayed home with the kids due to the snow day, and the fact that each of them had a Dr.'s appt. Jason took Bradley to the Orthodontist in the morning and then I took the other 2 over to Carle in Urbana for their yearly appts. James weighs 31 lbs and was 34 inches tall (60% in height and 80% in weight). Becca was 53 lbs and 46 inches tall (60% in height and 80% in weight)...omg they are so alike it's unbelievable. Becca didn't need any shots, so she just got a physical...she was very happy. When the Dr. came in she said she needed to look and see if either of them needed a shot...James piped up and said "I want shot", she told him that she may be able to accomodate that request. He had NO idea what "shot" meant. She looked him over and gave him the clean bill of health, but he did need to get a hepatitis A booster, so when she left the room to get the nurse to do the shot, James started crying again that he wanted a shot. The nurse came in and gave him his shot...he SCREAMED like bloody murder...poor baby!!! Later that night I asked if he wanted a shot...he said "NO SHOT". I think he gets it now. :)

Friday I went to work and the kids went to Belinda's, and then that evening we went to Sam's and over to my mom's for a while. Saturday we did NOTHING, Bradley and I went to Pages for all ages and bought some books and then to Walmart to pick out a new DS game for him, and then back home to watch the end of the Illini game. That evening I went to work for a while and then met the family over at my mom's again. We hung out and talked and had a good time. Sunday, Mom and I went shopping for a while and then Jason, the kids and I went back to Pages to look at books again (they were having a 40% off everything in the store sale) and then back over to Mom's for dinner. Monday we hung out in the house all day and then Becca and I took off to go to the resale shops in town because I had a 50% off coupon for one of them. It was a "mommy monday", and I got the kids some clothes for next winter and a few for James for the summer...REALLY cheap!!

Becca had gymnastics tonight, and she moved up to the "flips" class and did VERY well. She was very nervous that she wouldn't know anyone and she wouldn't be as good, but she was!! She also is in the same class as a friend of hers...which made it even better. We went to Mickey D's for dinner, came home, did baths, and bed!!! Yeah!!

We are ready for another week of work/school...it will be nice that this is a SHORT week!!!! Have a good one!!!

No comments: