Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Homemade Laundry Detergent

I just got done making homemade laundry detergent...I am SO excited about this. I found a recipe for "liquid" detergent and planned on making that, but then found one today on a "powder" form, and decided to go that route. All the comments on the recipe (162 positive ones), talked about how wonderful it is, how easy it is to make, and how wonderful your clothes smell and feel. The best part is if you make the large batch, it should last a long time since you only use 1-2 Tablespoons per load. I have been wanting to do it for a while now, so on my way home I stopped by the store to see if they had the ingredients and they did, so I made it!! I have a load in...so I'll post how well it did after it gets done washing and drying!!! No more big plastic bottles of detergent, color safe bleach, fabric softener, etc. for me!! Yeah!!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Can I have the recipe? I have wanted to do this for a long time!

Kim said...

I did 1 bar of Frels Naptha, 1 cup washing soda, 1 cup borax. Grate the soap and then put in a food processor till it's almost powder form, add the washing soda and the borax, stir well, and then use 2 TBSP per load. I LOVE it and feel that it is doing just as good of a job on our laundry. Also, you can use the Frels Naptha bar as a stain remover before it does in the laundry. Just wet the garment and rub the bar on the stain, and throw in the washer. I did a LARGE batch and used 3 bars of soap, 3 cups of the others....LOVE IT!!!