Monday, September 29, 2008

The last week or so...

OK...I realized today (once Carla reminded me) that I have not posted in a while. Not a whole lot of new things have happened in our lives, but I guess I can tell you as much as I think you will be interested in.
Since my last post we have had 2 garage sales and got rid of A LOT of junk. I don't think I have any clothes left of Becca's under size 5 (and boy did she have a lot of clothes). James' clothes that we have are summer things that we just got back from Mike and Jen, so we will try to sell those next spring/summer. It is nice to let others borrow clothes, then you don't feel so guilty buying that much (at least that's what I keep telling myself). Bradley is growing so much that we are having to buy bigger things (because he is getting tall, not weight wise), but the clothes that he is outgrowing we are mostly just giving to Goodwill or to anyone we can think of that may be able to use them. Garage sales are A LOT of work, but I love doing them and the extra money in our pockets is nice also. And...I finally can park our van in the garage again...YEAH!!!

Becca had her open house last week. She was VERY excited to show us her classroom, art room, lunch room, etc. We saw it all and she had the biggest smile on her face the entire night. I love seeing her so happy, it really makes me feel good that she is enjoying school so much. However, I did find myself holding back some tears watching her show us everything and talk about her day at school. She leaves home at 8:30 and is at school/afterschool till 5:00 or so, everyday. It does make me sad that I am unable to stay home and be here when she gets out of school, however I look forward to Mondays and walking down to the corner to wait for her to get out. Her "Big" tooth is coming in and her front two upper teeth are loose...she is growing up WAY too fast.

Bradley...what can I say...he's Bradley. His grades are good right now at midterm (5A's and 3B's), however the behaviors that we have seen from 1st grade on, are starting again...I guess the "honeymoon" is over. That poor kid is in trouble all the time either because of school, sneaking, or the way he talks to us. I know being a teenager sucked, but being the parent of a teenager sucks even more. We go on Thursday to see what the Child Diagnostic Clinic results are. I'm anxious and nervous about going and hearing what they have to say. Hopefully it will be good news...we'll see.

James is definately a toddler. He is running, jumping, talking more, and rolling his tongue. I keep meaning to take a picture of this...it is so cute and he does it all the time. He is very independent, and still a Mama's boy. I love this kid so much!!! I don't know if him being the baby of the family makes it feel like more, but man he has me wrapped around his little finger, his big toe, everything.

I have been working a lot. Pretty much every Saturday for the last month or so. Hopefully it will slow down some...I doubt it, but I can hope, can't I? Well, the next pictures I put on here are going to be some slide shows of the kids from babies till now and from when Bradley came to live with us till now. Becca and James look so much a like...I can't wait to put all of their pictures on here to see how similar they look. Well, I had better go, James and I are driving up to Chicago with Mom tomorrow to go to her Dr. appt. It will be a LONG day of driving in the car for both James and I. I am going to put 5 goals on here to have done or at least started, before I post next...maybe it will help me with getting some of my goals done. I know they are pretty silly goals, but with 3 kids, school, activities, work, etc., we don't have a whole lot of time to get "things" done.

1. Change the kids' clothes out (summer for winter)
2. Change the curtains in the dining room
3. Winterize the outside (put toys away, mulch on plants, etc) before we blink and have snow on the ground.
4. Clean ENTIRE bathroom...ugh...I hate this one.
5. Clean basement floor, including back room.

Be waiting...hopefully later this week I can get some slideshows on here...we'll see!!!

No comments: