Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry (almost) Christmas!!

Well, it's almost here...I can't believe it. It hasn't felt like the holidays, and now in 2 1/2 hours Christmas will be here. WOW!! The kids are in bed...not asleep, but at least they are in there. Becca was ready to go about 6:00 tonight, she thought the sooner she got to bed the sooner Santa would be here. James doesn't really "get" the whole Santa thing, so the big kids are trying to explain it to him...he still doesn't get it. Oh well, next year he will. Bradley still "believes", or at least has Jason and I fooled that he does. When he first came to live with us I told him that once he stops believing Santa doesn't come anymore. Don't know if that has him hooked or what, but he still talks about him coming, the reindeer, what they ate before they started out tonight, etc., etc.

Since my last post, not a whole lot has happened. We took the kids to see Santa last Thursday night at the mall. No one was in line, we were in and out of the mall in about 7 minutes. Unbelievable!! We had Christmas over at my Mom's with the Wilson side of the family on Saturday. It was a lot of fun. It's nice to see all of my cousins/Aunts/Uncles that we don't see much anymore since my Grandma passed away. Guess what...Andy and Laura didn't show, imagine that!! They didn't have Andy's 2 kids, which is usually the reason they don't come around...I guess they think they can hide behind them and no one is going to cause any trouble. Oh well, it was nice and pleasant without them.

Monday night we did Christmas with Belinda and the girls. The kids had fun playing and they all enjoyed what they got from each other. Tuesday we were suppose to go up to Rantoul and have Christmas with my mom's best friend, but the weather put that trip on hold. We didn't do too much today, ran a couple of errands and came home and watched a movie on our new 46" TV...Jason's new toy. A couple of weeks ago, he called me to let me know that the TV wasn't working and he was going up to look for a new one. Of course he found one and purchased it...when we got home I sat down and turned on the old one...yes...turned on the old one. Supposedly it would not turn on, he called 2 repair people (of course the warranty on it expired 6 months ago) and he told them what it was doing and it was a power deflection board that they don't make anymore...OF COURSE!!! Well, we messed around with it all night and it would take numerous times to turn on, but it turned on each time. Something is wrong with it, it will probably go out someday...but now we have a new flat panel 46" TV...what more could you ask for?? I told him to take it back, he persuaded me otherwise..."someday the old one is going to go and I got a really good deal on this one...". So, we have a new TV...Merry Christmas Jason!!! The old one is down in the basement, so at least it is still getting used. On this same note, we bought a new kitchen table. This was suppose to be our Christmas present for each other, of course my first thought when the TV went out was...NO kitchen table. Jason and I had seen it when we went shopping for my mom's table (she didn't get one for christmas), up at Ashley Furniture, it has 4 chairs and a bench, so it can be pushed up against the wall when not in use. James is getting to be almost too big for the high chair we have, so when the table comes in we will move him to a booster at the table. YEAH!!! I can't wait for it to get here. Of course they said it should be here by the end of December...hopefully!!

I put Becca's invitations to her "kid" party in the mail today. We will go straight from Christmas to 2 birthday parties on the 3rd and the 10th. Once that is over...we can breathe again.

Well, I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL Christmas!! I am sure I will have plenty of pictures to post later this week!! Merry Christmas

No comments: